Friday, July 24

Saving For The Future

This will be a hard task because you will have to have a great sense of determination and self control. I saw this on Oprah and it is one of the best idea's ever. It makes sense and it is a smart move to make. This task is to save enough money to pay your bills and expenses for 8 months, then never touch it unless you are ADDING to it. The reason this is such a good idea is because think about what if you get laid off tomorrow, what will you do while you are trying to find another job? I know some people will say, "oh I'll just get unemployment until I get a new job." That can work BUT you will be barely scrapping by and you will be miserable, trust me I have been there, my husband was laid off temporarily for 2 months due to lack of work. It is very hard to survive, we couldn't pay all of our bills sometimes, we were lucky my dad is a generous guy and has loaned us money until next tax season when we can pay him back(I would not just take the money, he has already given me enough and I would have felt even more guilty if I didn't set that up with him). With this economy you can't expect to just get fired/laid off and you find a job within a week or so, it just doesn't work that way. To be able to save this money you will have to go a while w/o luxuries, like going out to dinner(sorry your going to have to cook), going to movies, buying things you don't NEED. During the time of saving you can only buy what you NEED, no wants. That is why you need a great sense of self control, it is very hard.

No comments:

Post a Comment