Friday, July 24

My Life 101

My life started off in a city known as Rockford, IL. I learned at a young age that life and marriage don't always go as planned. When I was 9 my parents got a divorce. Throughout my adolescent years I bounced back and forth between living with my parents. I have suffered from depression since I was a teenager. The depression made me a "rebellious" teenager. I did things that I shouldn't have done at that age(smoke, drink, etc) which led to me being expelled from school 3 months before the end of my senior year. I know, stupid. I had a wonderful councilor who saw the potential in me. He offered for me to be in Credit Recovery, which meant that I could take the rest of the classes I needed online. I finished in 3 weeks after graduation but my high school diploma still has the same date of graduation on it as everyone in my graduating class, the class of 2007. If you have done the math you have figured out that I am 20 years old. I know, I'm still young and have a LOT to learn, but I am getting there. In September 2008, I gave birth to my wonderful daughter. She means the world to me and am thankful for having her in my life. She was not planned but I believe she saved me. In November 2008, I married my daughter's father. He is a wonderful man and came to my rescue when I had no one and was far from home. He sacrificed everything and moved 1,000 miles away from his home and everything he knows just so he could stay with me. Without him, I would probably be dead. He has helped me through some of my worst moments in life so far and I don't know how I would have survived without him. He has been working 3rd shift at a horrible job trying to make ends meet for us so I can be a stay at home mother. I am so grateful that he allows me to do that, but just like every other family out there we are struggling to with this horrible economy. We would both like for me to get a part time job but even if I did we would not be able to afford a babysitter or daycare for our daughter, so we go with out just so we can have everything for our daughter and make sure that she has what she needs. I never thought in my life that I would sacrifice so much for one little person but she is worth it all, she makes me see that whenever she smile at me. As well as being a stay at home mom I am also an online college student. I am working towards getting an Associates Degree in Medical Assisting. I hope to be able to get a nice steady job after I complete my courses and get my degree but that is still a year and a half away. I guess I will end this now so I will have more to write about:D.

Thank you for stopping by and reading.

No comments:

Post a Comment